Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gourd-geous Santa

I wonder if living on a Christmas Tree farm has any thing to do with my current passion for creating Santas? I can't seem to stop myself!

Today's Santa was made from a gourd, paper mache, air dry clay and a little bow of organza ribbon. As with all of my OOAK Santas, he is completely handmade by me. He is one of my favorites. He stands 8-1/5" tall, and is 4-1/4" wide at the widest point.


If you look closely, you can see that his wreath is made from gourd seeds!


He is rather round and jolly looking, isn't he?

I thought it would be cute to leave the stem on the tip of his hat.

The base and wreath are painted and antiqued just like the rest of the santa, but I have added a glaze that contains "diamond" glitter to them. It doesn't really show up in the photos.

So, what do you think? Should I buy some more gourds?

Thank's for stopping by today. I hope to see you again.
Maggie


Next blog: A Halloween OOAK Art Doll.



2 comments:

Marlene said...

Love him and yes you should do more gourds!

Anonymous said...

I would say buy more gourds. This Santa is just too cute for words.